Ozone is O3 (3 oxygen atoms combines) and forms an energetic molecule that readily donates it’s third oxygen atom to free radicals that are usually causing damage to our bodies through oxidation. If there is Ozone present in our bodies, then the oxidation damage caused by these free radicals is halted because the free radicals are made stable and therefore undestructive by the extra oxygen atom given off by the Ozone.
The Following Are a Few of the Top Benefits of Ozone:
1. Ozone strengthens your immune system: Ozone is a potent regulator of the immune system. When the immune system is overactive (as in auto-immune disease), ozone will calm it down. Conversely, when the immune system is underactive as in chronic infections, ozone will stimulate it. This unique ability of ozone stems from its activation of immune related messenger molecules, so called cytokines, like gamma interferon, interleukin-2, colony stimulating factor, and TNF-alpha, to name just a few.
2. Ozone kills bacteria and viruses on contact: Ozone interferes with the metabolism of bacterium-cells, most likely through inhibiting and blocking the operation of the enzymatic control system. A sufficient amount of ozone breaks through the cell membrane, and this leads to the destruction of the bacteria. Unlike bacteria, viruses multiply only within the host cell. They transform protein of the host cell into proteins of their own. Ozone destroys viruses by diffusing through the protein coat into the nucleic acid core, resulting in damage of the viral RNA.
3. Ozone increases the oxygen level of your cells: If we stopped breathing oxygen we would all be dead in 8 minutes or less. Why? Oxygen enables our cells to make energy. Without oxygen our cells can’t make energy, and without energy our cells will die. If our cells die, we die. Ozone increases the amount of oxygen that is delivered to the cells by the RBC’s or Red Blood Cells. It also makes the Red Blood Cells more ‘squishy’ so that they can do a better job of fitting down long skinny blood vessels that supply your tissues and organs with blood and oxygen.
4. Ozone detoxifies your body: In transdermal ozone therapy the pores of the skin open due to the gentle heat and steam and ozone enters the body transdermally (via the skin). The ozone penetrates the blood, lymph and fat. By allowing the ozone in and the toxins out, via the sweating process, this method is incredibly effective at detoxifying and oxygenating the body.
5. Ozone reduces inflammation: Ozone alters immune function by causing a controlled oxidative effect, mobilizing the body’s antioxidant defenses, and resolving inflammation.
6. Ozone can kill cancer cells: The way ozone kills unhealthy cells, and not healthy cells is through enzymes. All healthy cells have three enzymes that protect them from being oxidized. All healthy cells love oxygen and require it to operate properly. Every cell is really a oxygen burning machine. Unhealthy cells don’t have these enzymes to protect them from being oxidized. This makes all unhealthy cells, including cancers defenseless to ozone.
7. Ozone is anti-aging: For anti-aging it is critical to raise the amount of oxygen in your blood and in your cells. Ozone therapy is one of the most powerful ways to do this. If used correctly, ozone is a “wonder drug” that has the potential to revolutionize medicine and anti-aging.
8. Ozone increases energy: You breathe oxygen so that it can be used to create energy in your cells. Quite often this process does not occur very efficiently, especially when humans age beyond the age of 30. Ozone helps to ‘revitalize’ this process so that you can make more energy from that oxygen that you are breathing, just like fine tuning a car engine so that it can get more power out of gasoline.
9. Ozone reduces acidity: Breaks down the level of uric acid in the body which is the cause of gout and damages the blood vessels.
(Ozonated water should never be used as a replacement for medical treatment/care. Always consult with your medical physician before making any changes to your prescribed medical regimen.)