Chloramines are a combination of chlorine & ammonia in water treatment, and can be extremely harmful to your health. There are 3 types; monochloramine, dichloramine, trichloramine, which morph & change into one another, based on a number of different factors like, pH, temperature, turbulence, time, the ratio of chlorine to ammonia, and much more. Because they are constantly changing and morphing, they can be extremely difficult to remove from treated water sources.
Among many other health risks, all three Chloramines are respiratory irritants with trichloramine being the most toxic. Chloramine damages mucous membranes, which are vital for protecting the inside parts of your body that are exposed to air, in a similar fashion to how your skin protects your external body.
Studies also show that, when monochloramine enters the bloodstream directly, it combines with hemoglobin (red blood cells), prohibiting red blood cells from from carrying oxygen. Red blood cells play an important role in your health by carrying fresh oxygen throughout the body. The lack of oxygen can lead to the breakdown of cellular function and can cause a wide-range of health issues. Red blood cells also remove carbon dioxide from your body, transporting it to the lungs for you to exhale, so as you can imagine, the health & function of our red blood cells are extremely vital to our health.
Exposure to Chloramines can also cause the following health risks:
- Damages digestive mucosa, which lubricates food to factilitate movement & protects the stomach against being digested by its own protein-lyzing enzymes
- Lung damage observed in those exposed to chloramine are similar regular smokers
- Can aggravate digestive disorders
- Aggravate skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis
- Chloramines can cause burning, red, and dry eyes
- Cause bleeding lips, dry mouth and dry throat.
- Skin exposure can break down cell structural proteins, extracts water from the cells and initiates an inflammatory response, which further damages the surrounding tissues
- Persons with liver or kidney disease and those with hereditary urea cycle disorders are at increased risk for ammonia toxicity from the consumption of chloraminated water
- Studies also show that monochloramine is responsible for gastric & liver cancer
We utilize a proprietary US-made resin in the deionizing stage of our water purification process, which is the most effective process for removing harmful chloramines that are nearly impossible to remove from treated water. This combined with our unique 4 commercial-sized Reverse Osmosis US-made membranes, ensures that our customers fill with the healthiest fluouride & chemical-free water available in Orange County.
Where there is water, there is life. Where there is clean water, there is quality of life.